My Ex Wont Mediate

What happens if my ex wont mediate. Mediation is a great way to deal with concerns however it has to be voluntary. Other choices include litigating however you still need a MIAMS.

What If My Ex Won’t Mediate?


Legal Requirement, before attending court


Offices Up & Down The UK- Find Your Local Mediator Now


Much Lower Costs than Court & saves Family relationships


Success rates – Keeping you in control and out of court

Citizens advice and Solicitors will suggest you try mediation first.

Sad Child fighting parents

If your ex dont want to mediate then it would enable you to apply to the court demonstrating you have tried mediation.

This looks good on your part…bad on your ex partners

This is very challenging when your ex is not ready to mediate and doesn’t agree for settlement. See our MIAM process

When there is a conflict and you want that things should be sorted out through negotiation and mediation, then legal battle might be the last thing you want.

As legal proceedings are expensive and more stressful and they might even take a long time to resolve.

Mediation is a very safe process, which benefits both the parties, but for this, both the parties must agree to attend it.

If your ex doesn’t agree to mediate then maybe court is your only other option.

But, you can try asking them to attend the appointment on their own to begin with.

This can help you in avoiding the tension of the couple who are having the conflict and are fighting against each other.

Then, after this, your ex can try finding out how all this works and can make an informed decision based on the information.

Generally, most of the people are anxious at the initial stages of mediation, but as they move ahead they get relieved and feel relaxed that their case is in the right hands.

People get surprised at the way they are able to finally make agreements on issues that had previously seemed impossible to sort. See our mediation fees

So, allowing your ex to try it is the only way to make them go for mediation.

Try talking to them, maybe they will agree to it but if they don’t then you have to try mediation before you go to court.

Contact us today to find out more!